Brenton is for relaxation. It has to be one of the quietest suburbs of Knysna. The sounds of the waves breaking on Castle rock and the singing of the numerous birds is what you can expect.
The five kilometre beach with its unspoilt white sands stretches out to Buffalo bay. Ideal for a walk or for those who may prefer to run.Swim in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the company of the endangered African Black Oystercatcher.Seek out some of the most unspoilt natural beauties of the Ocean, lagoon and mountains. Green and lush all year round with indigenous flowers, trees, flora and fynbos.
Brenton offers peace and tranquillity in a magnificent location while being just a short scenic drive to Knysna.
Meander along the cliffs tops at Fisherman’s' Walk and watch the whales and dolphins in the surf. The perfect spot to watch the sunset with friends and a glass of good white wine. Clamber over Castle Rock and feel the cool spray on your skin. Walk in the forest and spy the Blackheaded Oriole in the tree tops.
Enjoy the sight of free roaming guinea fowl with their broods of summer chicks and the wild bush buck on an early evening. Spot the tiny Greater Double Collared Sunbird in all his colourful glory and listen to the sound of the Nightjar in the dark warm nights. Have a close encounter with Lake Benton’s spectacular wild peacocks surrounded by their harem and offspring. The Brenton Blue butterfly should also be on your list of things to-do. Be aware of the wild tortoise slowly crossing the road and glimpse the elusive mongoose.
The Featherbed Company gives visitors to the Garden Route 'an unforgettable experience on the Knysna Lagoon'. The Lagoon, more accurately defined as an estuary, has five fresh water rivers flowing in from the surrounding Outeniqua Mountains meeting with the surge of sea water from the Indian Ocean through the mighty headlands – known as the 'Knysna Heads' - the grand sandstone cliffs towering above the entrance to the Knysna Lagoon.
Go down to the water's edge on the lagoon and fish from shore or paddle among the boats and canoes. Bring your own and launch from the jetty while enjoying one of the best views of Knysna and the lagoon. Brenton is ideally situated both as a mid-point in a busy holiday for a few relaxing days on the beach or as a base from which to explore the delights and attractions of the Garden Route, all within easy reach. Brenton will always delight the discerning traveller. Enjoy the bustle of nearby Knysna but return to the peace and relaxing beauty of Brenton on Sea and on Lake.
Hiking and walks: The list will be to long as there are numerous trails, but there are a few that are a MUST
Knysna has more than 80 restaurants to choose from and include themes that will excite your palate & tickle the taste buds. Choose between Zen Baroque, piquant, eclectic, and cosmopolitan and many more!
(The first 6 restaurants in the list below, are situated within 500mt and 6 kms of the Brenton Beach House)
- The BellPub Belvidere Manor. Breakfast, teas, sun downers, home bake & light meals. 044 387 1055
- Caroline’s Bistro Belvidere Manor - Fine food and Cape wines. Bookings recommended. 044 387 1055
- Nauticus Place Restaurant - Brenton on Sea. Expect a great meal that is value for money. 044 381 0106
- O'Pescador – Belvidere Brentonroad. Portuguese cuisine at its best.044 386 0036
- Pembery’s - Enjoy an innovative blend of country cooking. On the Brenton Belvidere road. 044 3860005
- Tapas at Crab's Creek – From Pizza’s to live music 044 386 0011
Late Night Entertainment
- 34° South - The Waterfront. Food emporium, deli, fresh seafood restaurant. 044 382 7331
- Anchorage Restaurant - Gray Street. Seafood & Steaks. 044 382 2230
- Cruise Café - Featherbed Co. Terminus. Contemporary menu & award winning wine list. 044 382 1693
- Fat Susi's Coffee Place - Memorial Square, Main Road. Knysna's original coffee shop. 044 382 2961
- Fisherman’s Cabin - The Waterfront. Seafood & sushi restaurant. 044 382 7259
- ilę de pain - Thesen Island. European style bakery and café. Breakfast & lunch. 044 302 5707
- JJ’s Restaurant - The Waterfront. South African cuisine. 044 382 3359
- 34 Tapas & Oysters - Thesen Harbour Town. Tapas meals, oysters & entertainment. 044 382 7196
- NiquaChooChoo Tea Garden - Buffalo Bay Rd. Old station charm and breakfast & lunch. 083 266 4179
- Quay Four Knysna. Fresh seafood on the lagoon`s edge. 044 382 4204
- Sirocco Restaurant - Thesen Harbour Town. Laid back lunches, dinners & cocktails. 044 3824874
- The Club House at Pezula - Relaxed atmosphere, breakfast & lunch daily. 044 302 5315
- The Coffee Connection of Knysna - Main Road. Coffee shop & light meals. 044 382 2845
- The Dry Dock Food Co. - The Waterfront. Continental atmosphere, fine foods. 044 382 7310
- The Orchid Room - Simola Hotel & Spa. ŕ la Carte fine dining & Sushi bar with views! 044 302 9600
- The Oystercatcher - The Waterfront. Oyster bar and light meals. Live music. Fresh Oysters. 044 382 9995
- The Red Barn Restaurant - Rheenendal. Deli and organic al fresco dining. 044 388 4757
- The Shebeen - African fun pub & eating house. Pledge Square, Main Road. 044 382 6641
- TottiesEatery - Rheenendal. Family restaurant. Buffet meals and awesome burgers. 044 389 0200 (Ext3)
- Turbine Hotel Tapas Bar & Island Cafe - 044 302 5746
- Zachary’s Restaurant -Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa. Exclusive fine dining. 044 302 3333
- The Swing Cafe
- Tryst Dance Club & Cocktail Lounge | 8714 Waterfront Park, Waterfront Drive. Knysna | 044 382 0590
- Zanzibar Cocktail Lounge | Main Road, Knysna | 044 382 0386